LEREKAM Outdoor Solar Spotlights Review
Solar landscaping lights have become so popular in the last few years. Everybody wants to use them in their garden because they are so aesthetic. With so much popularity, there have been so many brands in the field, offering different types of products in different price ranges.
Personally, I have tried a couple of brands and LEREKAM is one of my favorites because of its aesthetics, build quality and performance. As of now, I have 4 of LEREKAM’s lights installed in our garden (2 are White and 2 are Blue). After using them for a while now, I thought I should share my views on them.
Looking to buy some solar spotlights for your garden? check out our landscaping lights buying guide
In the box, you can find these,
- 2 x Solar Spot Lights
- 2 x Ground Stakes
- 2 x USB charging cable
- 6 x Screws
- 6 x Wall Plugs
- A small Phillips head screwdriver
- A User Manual
Some of the places where you can use LEREKAM’s spotlights are in the garden, lawn, yard, patio, stairs, garage, pool, front door, porch, balcony, walkway, driveway, camping, fishing, fence, wall, pathways and whatnot.
The solar panel is on the top surface, so is the light sensor. On the back, there is a micro USB port just in case you need to recharge it quickly (this is a handy way to power the lights), a button that turns the lights on and off and also change the mode.
Installing these solar lights is not complicated. It took me about 2 minutes to fully set them up.
- On the bottom of the light, you can find a wall plug holder and a screw attached to it
- Loosen the screw, insert the wall plug inside, tighten the screw back
- Now the light is ready to be fixed to a wall or any vertical surface
- If you want to insert it in the soil, attach the ground stake to the other end of the wall plug (easily inserts and gets locked firmly). Now you can stick it in the ground like a pole
- You may adjust the angle of the light
- Don’t forget to turn on the lights after you are down. You can test if the light is turned on by covering the solar panel with your hand and seeing if it lights up.
There are 3 modes of operation. The modes can be changed by pressing the power button.
- High brightness (Press once) – Lasts for about 5 hours (from my experience)
- Medium brightness (Press twice) – Lasts for about 8 hours
- Low brightness (Press thrice) – Lasts for about 12 hours
Equipped with 40 LEDs, this spotlight lights up a vast area in front of it. The high brightness mode is great but I am not a huge fan as it drains the battery quickly. I always keep mine in the medium/low brightness mode depending on the time of the year. If it is summer, definitely medium mode. The max brightness you can get is 1000 lumens which is great when compared to many other spotlights on the market.
In the above picture, the brightest one is LEREKAM. The other lights are ground lights. The picture below gives you an idea how bright the blue version is. The room was completely dark before I turned on the spotlight.
LEREKAM outdoor spotlights come in different color options. Cool white, warm white, purple and blue. My favorite is warm white. But remember, there is no dual-color option. Meaning, if you buy cool white version, you only have cool white. Some solar lights on the market offer both cool and warm modes. This one lacks that feature.
Since the solar panel is embedded on the top surface, it is not independently adjustable. If you change the direction of the light, the solar panel direction also changes. This could be a deal-breaker for many. I haven’t had the light long enough to comment on the durability of the panel. Normally, as the light gets older, the surface of the solar panel works out. When this happens, there will be a possibility of complete damage to the light. To date, everything is well with my lights.
Works in Extreme Sun, Rain and Snow
The lights are waterproof and can withstand weather from -4°F to 122°F (as per the manufacturer). This makes LEREKAM lights versatile enough to be used anywhere, be it hot Arizona or cold Michigan.
If you are looking for a good-looking, feature-packed solar spotlight for your garden, LEREKAM light will not disappoint you. As of now, this is my favorite one on Amazon. The build quality is top-notch, so is the brightness. As I mentioned earlier, I have 4 of these lights at my home and if I am buying more, I will choose the same brand. One huge advantage of this light is the USB charging capability. If you decide to get this, make sure to do trial and error testing to figure out the mode that is best for you. I personally keep it in medium mode.
You may use the coupon code NN55P4D9 to get an additional 11% discount on LEREKAM lights here
- 40 LEDs
- IP65 Waterproof
- Different color options available
- Super bright (1000 lumens)
- Supports both Solar and USB charging
- Easy to install and 2 installation options
- Cheap & affordable