Foobot Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor
Foobot is the first smart air quality monitor that gives users a clear and visual understanding of how good the air quality is in their home and the knowledge to take small steps to improve it; benefitting the whole family’s long-term health. Foobot will alert you beforehand to battle against asthma and other allergies or health concerns with 49 top tips including the best plants to improve air quality.
Foobot uses internal sensors to check for pollution in the form of chemicals and particulate matter, which are up to five times more common indoors as a result of confinement and alerts you via its companion app and the LEDs on the device itself. The device is sensitive to:
- PM2.5s – Particulate matter smaller than 2.5 micrometers, like dust, pollen, and pet dander
- VOCs – Volatile organic compounds, toxic gases like formaldehyde and ammonia. This sensor is also sensitive to carbon monoxide, a potentially dangerous gas.
- Carbon dioxide – Exhaled naturally from humans. Not itself harmful, but indicative of poor circulation. This is measured via data from other sensors.
- Humidity – Low humidity can cause irritation. Excessive humidity let mold and dust mites grow.
- Temperature – Mostly for comfort, but still important to optimize
As per their recent update, this model is not being sold as they are working on an upgraded version. Keep an eye.