Bluetti AC200 – 2000W Portable Power Station Review
Maxoak, a company known for its affordable battery stations has a wide range of products. Their Bluetti series include power stations from 99 Wh to 2400 Wh. I personally own their EB150 product which is a 1500 Wh/1000W battery station. To be honest, it is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever owned. I mainly use it for road trips and outdoor works.
Until now, their largest capacity battery was EB240 which is a 2400Wh at 1000W power but they have come up with their latest product called AC200. It is a 2000W power station with 1700Wh battery capacity. It can power almost any appliance (even heating equipment), it super compact and most importantly, the most affordable power station at that capacity. Yes, there is no other station that offers 1700Wh at 2000W power for this price point.
Design & Build Quality
AC200 has a decent look but it is not so aesthetic. The battery station weighs around 57 lbs which is ridiculously heavy since it encompasses a huge 1700Wh battery. The branding sticker on the front looks ugly but who cares, I am not using it as home decor!
On the top, we have a wireless charging surface that can charge two smartphones wirelessly at a time. The wireless output is 15W which can fast charge your phone.
On the left side, we have input two input ports. Bluetti AC200 accepts inputs via a regular AC port (at 500W) or from a Car/Solar port. We shall see more about the ways of charging in the coming sections.
On the front, we have output ports, a power button, and a digital display. The output panel consists of the following
- 4 AC outlets at 120V (US/JP) and 2 AC outlets at 220V (UK/EU), these AC ports offer pure site wave outputs
- 1 DC port at 12V. This is useful for a car powered device like a car fridge
- 1 DC RV port at 12V. Since this port offers up to 25A current, it is suitable for devices requiring high current. An RV is an example.
- 1 USB C Port that offers Power Delivery (PD) at 60W. You can use this to charge your laptops that support USB C charging.
- 2 DC outlets at 12V. These outlets are useful for devices like Routers.
- 4 USB ports for charging smartphones, tablets, power banks, etc
AC200 can power 17 devices simultaneously
Features of AC200
This power station has a hell lot of useful features. Its power and battery capacities are so huge. It supports 5 different ways of input power and an ultra-safe cooling system. Let us have a look in depth.
Bluetti AC200 has a total power capacity of 2000W. At this capacity, I think you can run almost any appliance including a microwave oven, toaster, refrigerator, CPAP machine and even a room heater. But for how long? This question is answered in the next section. My Bluetti EB150 has 1000W capacity and believe me, 2000W is huge.
Battery capacity determines how long a device can run on your battery station. AC200 has a battery capacity of 1700Wh and to help you understand better, let me give an example.
Assume you have a TV that consumes 150W power. With AC200, you can run that TV for at least 11 hours. The calculation is simple, the TV consumes 150 watts per hour. The power station has 1700 watt-hour. So you divide 1700/150. You get around 11 hours assuming the efficiency is very high.
Similarly, a 1500W device may run only for an hour and a 2000W device may run for 45 minutes. I hope you got the point.
More power = more devices, more battery = more duration
Surge is something Bluetti missed in their earlier power stations. Surge is the ability of the battery to handle a higher output power than its rated capacity. Simply put, can AC200 power a device rated over 2000W.
AC200 has a surge rating of up to 4800W which is mind blowing. This means you can easily run a 4500W device momentarily (2 minutes or so). If the device keeps on consuming more than 4800W for more than two minutes, the power station automatically turns off.
Surge is very helpful for power tools that consume more current when it is turned on and eventually come down after a minute or so.
LG Lithium-ion Battery
By using batteries from a reputable brand like LG, Bluetti ensures that the power station is super-efficient. These LG batteries offer a higher discharge rate, lower heat dissipation, and long lifecycle times.
5 Recharging Ways
When I first saw this, I was amazed. Offering 5 ways of recharging isn’t common in a battery station. AC200 can be recharged via the following ways,
- AC Adapter – This is via your typical AC outlet port. The input power is 500W and takes around 4.5 hours to fully charge the battery.
- Solar Panel – Since AC200 has an integrated MPPT charging station, it can be charged via a solar panel. A maximum of 700W solar panel can be used and the battery takes around 3.5 hours to fully charge. I would recommend using a good portable solar panel that you can carry around.
- Car – This battery generator can be charged via your car. It supports both 12V and 24V car input and takes around 8.5 hours and 17 hours respectively.
- Gas Generator – This is straight forward. You can use the AC output of the gas generator to recharge the AC200 battery.
- Lead Acid Battery – Supports 12V or 25V lead-acid battery. You can also use multiple batteries in parallel connection for more current.
You can combine Solar Panel (700W) with AC Outlet (400W) to charge it much quickly
Apart from these, Bluetti AC200 has many more cool features like iVision tech LCD display, iCooling tech for dissipating heat generation, etc. If I start talking about these, it will take hours.
Bluetti AC200 Performance
|Appliance||Will it work?||Backup time (approx)|
|Laptop (80W)||Yes||10+ Times|
|LCD TV (150W)||Yes||12 Hours|
|Smartphone (8W)||Yes||100+ Times|
|Desktop Computer (200W)||Yes||8 Hours|
|Ceiling Fan (52 inch)||Yes||28 Hours|
|Microwave Oven (1100W)||Yes||90 Minutes|
|Instant Pot Cooker (1000W)||Yes||100 Minutes|
|Blender (250W)||Yes||6.6 Hours|
|Corded Drilling Machine (600W)||Yes||2.8 Hours|
|Washing Machine (900W)||Yes||100 Minutes|
|Electric Clothes Dryer (1700W)||Yes||1 Hour|
|Toaster (650W)||Yes||2.5 Hours|
|Electric Kettle (1300W)||Yes||75 Minutes|
|Portable Refrigerator (70W)||Yes||1 Day|
|Mini Vacuum Cleaner (250W)||Yes||6.6 Hours|
|Surveillance Camera/Wifi Cam (5W)||Yes||12 Days|
|Room AC (4000W)||No||–|
|Window AC (1500W)||Yes||4 Hours|
|Refrigerator (1200W)||Yes||12 Hours|
* The numbers are approximate. Efficiency may vary.
To conclude, the Bluetti AC200 by Maxoak is packed with features that are actually useful. With such a large power and battery capacity, AC200 can drive almost any device for hours. If you are looking for a portable power station that is eco-friendly and affordable, look no further because you just can’t find a better one at this price point. On the flip side, this battery station does not have a good design or smart features like WiFi control. These are cool to have but they are not the deal-breakers, at least for me.
Also, watch the AC200 review video by Will Prowse below. He explained everything in detail.
- 2000W Power Capacity
- 1700Wh Battery Capacity
- Up to 4800 Surge
- Can Power 17 Devices Simultaneously
- Up to 700W Solar Panel Support
- 5 Ways to Recharge
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Weighs 57 lbs
- Can Combine Solar Panel & AC Outlet for Fast Charging