SwitchBot Curtain Robot Review
SwitchBot is a cool gadget that can make any curtain smart…On their crowdfunding campaign, they claim that this device could make any type of curtain smart but I was not so sure of it until I personally tested it while I was at CES 2020. SwitchBot is wireless, smart and super convenient to use. Using this smart accessory is very simple. Just clamp it on to your curtain rod and Switchbot will take care of the rest. Since not every curtain is the same, Switchbot comes with a set of addons that you can use.
Coming to the features, this gadget connects to your smartphone through which you can control your curtain. You can set schedules so that the bot will automatically open or close the curtain at the specified time. It is also equipped with a light sensor so that Switchbot can automatically close or open the curtains depending upon the sunlight. This feature is really useful. SwitchBot also integrates with google home, Alexa and even Siri. This lets you control it with your voice. The base version has a battery life of around 8 months and the battery is rechargeable. Their solar version does not even need charging and could last forever depending on the amount of light it receives.
SwitchBot has a ton of operating modes which you can see from the video below. This curtain accessory can easily work with small to medium-sized windows or door curtains but I am not sure if the motor power is enough to drive a larger curtain.
Switchbot is very compact and portable. It is super affordable too. This device is one of the easiest ways to make your curtain smart on a budget. But if you have a ton of money to spend, you can probably buy a luxurious smart curtain rather than buying this add-on device.
- Voice control
- Wireless & App Connected
- Approximately 8 months of battery life
- Supports Alexa, Google Home and Siri
SwitchBot Curtain Robot
- Automate any curtain (rod and rail type), with App, Schedule, and Sun light sensor.
- Install in 30 seconds without any screws, nuts or bolts.
- The most affordable motorized curtain solution. Don't waste your curtain, retrofit it.
- Voice control your curtain with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri, with Hub Mini.
- Open and connected with API, IFTTT, and SmartThings support with Hub Mini.
- Smart, automated and healthy lifestyle, enabled.
- Practical and useful for high ceiling curtains, elderly, and disabled people.